Thank you for your interest in joining the United Way of Northeast Kentucky Board of Directors.
The United Way of Northeast Kentucky (UWNEK) Board of Directors is the local, volunteer governing body for the organization. Working in partnership with the UWNEK staff, board and community volunteers, UWNEK board members help effect change throughout Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Greenup and Lawrence counties in Kentucky. Board members become closely involved in the work of the United Way and gain a first-hand look at the work while gaining a new perspective on the critical issues and solutions in our region. You can help be the change you want to see.
UWNEK board members responsibilities include:
- Attendance at UWNEK board meetings, involvement in at least one committee and attendance at UWNEK-related events (as possible).
- Outlining the vision, mission and strategy of the organization.
- Setting organizational policies.
- Providing support and guidance to staff and peers.
- Advocating for giving and volunteering at UWNEK.
- Identifying opportunities for organizational advancement.
PLEASE REVIEW THE UNITED FOR EQUITY POLICY BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION HERE